Monday, May 13, 2019

Plantain Farming: How to select a good site for sustainable production


To be able to establish a plantain farm for increased and sustainable production, while reducing costs and maximizing returns on investment, the farmer should be acquainted with basic and affordable techniques required in field establishment and maintenance of a profitable plantain farm.

Any field establishment for sustainable plantain production must take into account the basic needs of high organic matter and water supplies. Nitrogen, potassium and magnesium are very essential and required in large quantity for good crop performance. 

Therefore, a soil analysis helps to ascertain the nutrient status.

The following steps are essential in field establishment for sustainable production:
·        Selection of the site
·        Preparation of the land
·        Field layout and digging
·        Planting and field maintenance
F

How to select a good site
A good site provides a smooth gateway for increased and sustainable production and a profitable farming enterprise. A visual observation of the site can provide adequate information on the suitability of the site.

A land with predominantly grass weed is less preferred and should be avoided because grass compact the top soil and makes establishment to be more difficult. A land with too many big trees should also be avoided.
The site should be well drained as water logging and flooding is disadvantageous. A land with a lot of organic matter is recommended.

In an area with prolonged dry periods, irrigation facilities are necessary because plantains require an average 120mm -160mm of rain monthly and 2000mm -2500mm rain per year.

Ayodele Adegbulugbe




2 comments:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348142454860. website. hpps:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    Dr Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV
    Herpes
    Cancer
    Chronic Disease
    Asthma
    External infection
    Als
    Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
    Heart Disease
    Diabetes
    Kidney Disease
    Lupus
    Epilepsy
    Stroke
    Eczema
    Eating Disorder
    Back Pain. etc
    contact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is UK/USA funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant.

    ReplyDelete